My Cycling Page - 私 の サイクリング ページ

Some bike and equipment stuff...Some rides and training stuff...Some race stuff...Some good rides...And some other stuff...Stuff not necessarily in that order!!!

Monday, January 16, 2006

Got the MOJO back!

FINALLY...After not being able to ride for two weeks, I really felt like riding this weekend. And ride I did!

Sat: Jan 14th
What a nice day it was! This morning I met up with my friend Mark and since I was just coming off a cold, I decided to go ez but fairly long. I let Mark pull into most of the upwind sections with me tucked in just just hovering at about 150 to 170 watts. I thought of doing my regular long ride Tantalus climb, but after an hour warmup, I knew that it would too stressful today - even if I climbed slow! So we decided to do a Hawaii Kai loop and on the way back, do a shortend Tantalus to the stop sign at a very ez pace (Mark decided to go a little harder and hit 190hr!). Well everything went as planned and I finished the ride feeling pretty good. I ended up with 95km.

Sun: Jan 15th
My legs felt really "packed" from yesterday's ride so I just went out for an easy recovery ride today. Once thing fun about these Sunday rides is that I just cruise around and do what ever I want - no pressure to be "training!"

Today, I took some pictures of this neat sculpture called Dream Leaves in front of the new Kakaako UH Medical School, saw a shot or two of the Hawaiian Open, and on the way home, ran into my friend John from team Cambio. Since we met on Ala Wai Blvd, I rode with him all the way to Kalihi.

I also finally got to try out my new Defeet Armskins that I got as a Christmas gift from my friend Darin. They look super cool (well actually...if you look at the pics, you can tell it's the "model" making the skins look super kakkoii!) and hopefully they will work in protecting my arms from sunburn. I ended up doing 2h 35min rt and 68km.

Mon: Jan 16th (Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday)
Since it was a holiday, I decided to go out for a short afternoon spin even though my legs felt even more "packed" than yesterday. I really wanted to ride, and after about 1 hour or so, my legs actually felt better than when I started - as theory says they are supposed too! One thing about today though, for some reason there was a LOT of traffic on the road! I ended up doing 2h and 51km.

So, as you can see, it was a great weekend and the real start of my 2006! Happy New Year everybody! Click on this for all this weekend's pics!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home