My Cycling Page - 私 の サイクリング ページ

Some bike and equipment stuff...Some rides and training stuff...Some race stuff...Some good rides...And some other stuff...Stuff not necessarily in that order!!!

Monday, January 23, 2006

This weekend's long rides

Saturday's Ride: Today I rode 103kms in 4 hrs 7min RT. I rode with my friends Darin and Mark and they probably ended up with close to the same mileage too since they started from Alewa. The weather was nice and cool considering we started at about 9:30 and were out on the road for close to 5 hours - thanks to a flat I got near Ala Moana.

On the climb up Tantalus, I found out that my eyes were bigger than my legs. For over 7 mins, I was surprised to see my power output at 270 watts and feeling pretty good - I thought! Then all of a sudden, I totally "blew" and REALLY struggled the rest of the climb at 235 watts for an average of 247 watts. I probably would have been smarter to climb at a steady 250 watts or so but...since I had "competition" on this ride, adrenalin took over and I went WAY to hard. This probably was the same with Mark since he said he was at 195bpm in the beginning of the climb!

The rest of our ride, except for the flat, was pretty good with some paceline work mixed in for fun. I felt decently strong till the end, Darin too (I think), Mark probably could have used a little salt.

Sunday's Ride: 68kms and 2hrs 45min. I just went out on a very easy spin and although my legs felt sort of ok, I just didn't have any "pop" at all and didn't feel that good mentally either. (So much for the theory of feeling better after the first hour.) But, in light of how I was feeling, there were some interesting things to be seen today.

One was the radio controlled car racing off of Lagoon Drive. If you've never seen RC racing in person, you wouldn't think so but, it is a very exciting spectator sport!

The other cool thing was the radio controlled yacht sailing in the Ala Moana Park Lagoon, which was very relaxing and made me want to just take a nap...under a tree...

For more ride pictures, click here:Latest Cycling Pics

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home