My Cycling Page - 私 の サイクリング ページ

Some bike and equipment stuff...Some rides and training stuff...Some race stuff...Some good rides...And some other stuff...Stuff not necessarily in that order!!!

Monday, May 29, 2006

40k - Post Race Analysis...

"May be" was right...as I mentioned in my previous post...due to the extremely high tides caused by the new moon and, due to Mars, Jupiter and Venus being 5 degrees out of alignment, my race this past weekend DIDN'T go as planned :-(

First of all, I didn't break an hour, clocking in at 1:00:47.
Secondly, my average power output, 252 watts, was the lowest in 3 years for this race. I held 258 watts outbound, and only 244 on the return.

Considering I felt my aerodynamics were definetly better than last year.
And considering that I had good legs coming into the race.
But most of all, considering the fact that I really HURT myself as I could hardly pedal my bike during my warm down and I could hardly walk all afternoon!
I was sort of dissapointed...to say the least...

After analyzing my power data, even if I had held an average of 259 like last year, I would have still done about 1:00:05 or so - according to the formulas on this site Analytic Cycling.

To me, the conditions this year were a little worse than last, but I'm not using that as an excuse since several people went faster this year too. I guess it's back to the drawing board to find about 1 sec a kilometer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home