My Cycling Page - 私 の サイクリング ページ

Some bike and equipment stuff...Some rides and training stuff...Some race stuff...Some good rides...And some other stuff...Stuff not necessarily in that order!!!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

40k TT Time

Due to all kinds of excuses and other things, this coming Sunday is going to be my first race of the year. It is going to be the Team Quick Release 40K Time Trial. I'm looking forward to really CRUSHING my last year's time...considering, last year I had a flat that took over 9 minutes to fix...Hahaha...

Results:
2004 - 1h 2m 24s @ 264watts and 38.9kph.
Unofficial 2005 - 59m 40s @ 259watts and 40.1kph

Even though I put out more power in 2004, I went faster in 2005 due to using a Syntace Streamliner aerobar. In 2004 I used Cane Creek Speedbars which are just not that aero and for the same power output I found them to be just over 1kph slower than aerobars!

Remembering back to last year, I could tell during the warm up that I just didn't have it and during the ride I was really struggling to hold my wattage. Hopefully this year I will feel better, but judging by how I felt over the last couple of days...things look mediocre to me! I think I'll be keeping my workouts to the short and fast variety till Sunday.

Here's a short footage that Darin took from last years TT:



I like to ride back and high and my last year TT position was what most people would consider to be really high. So in order to get some "free speed" I've dropped my bar position by 1cm and my stem is now down on the headset. I'll figure out by Thursday whether I can comfortable ride this low. If I can, it should pay some dividends during the race...hopefully...if the wind is not too strong, and I feel good, and the moon, stars, and planets align, I can "offically" break the hour...maybe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home