My Cycling Page - 私 の サイクリング ページ

Some bike and equipment stuff...Some rides and training stuff...Some race stuff...Some good rides...And some other stuff...Stuff not necessarily in that order!!!

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Starting to get some power back!

Sat: 109km - 4:15 RT. After about 3 weeks of struggling, I'm finally starting to see some results as I climbed Tantalus at 269w versus 253w the week before. (That relates to about 70 seconds faster over about 5.8km.) The difference was really apparent in my recovery and sustained power output. The same could also be said for Mark and Darin as they were also stronger than a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully, this will put us on track for the first TT of the season at the end of February.

One thing that really stood out this Saturday was how cold it was all ride. I mean, how often do you see someone wearing an orange vest for the whole ride in Hawaii??? Even though we left at 9:30, it stayed pretty chilly, and the low humidity, couldy skies and strong winds kept it like that all day. Ttytt, for myself, I much rather it be a little chilly than TOO hot and humid. On days like this, I gotta remember to take my "wind breaker" (aka plastic bag under the jersey) to keep the chill at bay. Coming down Tantalus - it was FREEZING!

Sun: 54km - 2:15 RT. I went out for an ez afternoon spin and missed almost all of the first half of the Super Bowl. Although it would have probably been better to just stay home and rest, I HAD to get out and burn some calories for all the snacks I planned to eat (and ate) during the game.


Along the cycling path to Moanalua Valley, I ran across a bunch of white butterflies fluttering around in the low grass right next to the freeway. Although capturing only a fleeting moment, I can count 12 or 13 in this one picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home